Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Black Wednesday


Today, my little monkeys went back to school. We are on a year round schedule, so they have been off track since Christmas Eve. I have had 35 wonderful days of sleeping in, staying up late, and just plain drinking in the deliciousness of all of my guys together. We have played, talked, laughed, giggled, colored, crafted, and done anything else we wanted to our heart's desire. There were a few tears and time outs when this house (or ANY house for that matter) wasn't big enough for 4 healthy, enthusiastic, energetic, growing kids, but we still managed. I so enjoy the company of all my little ones. I prefer being with them over anybody else in this great green world. I am so uninterested in the opinions of heads of state, royalty, and world travelers when compared to the interests and thoughts of these 4 happy kids. I miss them every second they are gone. I know, I know. School is "important". I just wish it didn't have to come so fast, last so long, or be so far away (the whole block and a half it is from our house). When we are all together, close enough to tickle, that's where I want my monkeys to be. I can't wait until they come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment