Saturday, July 10, 2010

Abigail's Birthday Extravaganza - Act 2


On the day of your birthday you wanted Brick Oven for dinner, and with the power of birthday magic, it happened.






Then the real festivities began. We used our birthday cameras to take pictures of each other taking pictures! Along with laundry baskets and Hudson flipping upside down! That's true birthday art.





There were many presents to be opened. But the one saved for last was the one you had been saving all your money for; but amazingly enough, that good 'ole birthday magic brought it to you instead.



It's the puffer fish we're talking about. Not the laundry that hadn't been sorted yet. Upon meeting your fish you came up with the most clever name immediately - Puffer. It was poetic, really.



You are an amazing girl right now, baby doll. You are so strong and sure of yourself it impresses me every single day. You stood up for yourself at school the other day and it took away a few more of my fears about you being out there all by yourself. You make me so proud. I love how you love your brothers and sister. They feel so good to be included in your wonderfulness. You make life so incredibly easy whenever you are around. Sometimes too easy. I worry that you'll work yourself out with all that you want to do and help with and learn.

I really wanted to make this birthday a special one for you. I tried to think of something that would make you feel as special as you are to me, but there's nothing out there that could do that. Just let me tell you that right now you sparkle. You are sunshine and starlight all tangled up together. You are so shimmery and shiny and beautiful, and I love everything about you. Please don't ever, ever change.


No comments:

Post a Comment