Saturday, August 28, 2010

He's 5 months! Hooray!



Holden has his 5 month checkup today. I know, I know. It's supposed to be 4 month checkup. Close enough. But even still, the doctor was able to confirm it. Yep, he's definitely 5 months old.

The stats:

Wieght - 15 lbs 12 oz. 40th percentile. You get 10 kids and line them up according to weight. He's 4th out of 10. Funny since he was such a major heavyweight. I guess he gets a pretty good workout with all the complaining he does.

Height - 26 1/2 inches. 80th percentile. He's a sprouting, our littlest.

Roly Poly - He's right up there with the best of 'em. Rolling front to back and back right on over to front again. Doll face.




Kicking - Top of the charts. These legs are in constant motion. Especially at night, and even more so when he's supposed to be sleeping next to his sleeping mama, but decides to be kicking her instead. Oh man, am I tired.




Fluffy - Out of 10 kids, he's 214th. He's so fluffy! And chewy! And oh couldn't you just squeeze him while gritting your teeth and speaking in a really, really high voice saying things like "I could smother you in grandma's mustard and swallow you whole"!





The other thing we learned from this visit is that he is a bit dramatic. After his shots, the pucker face was cranked up to maximum. It seems like he thinks that if he pouts, but with his mouth wide open, he'll elicit more sympathy. Too bad it just makes me laugh.





He's wonderful, my little fluffy. We're all coming into our own around here. Mostly me, and mostly him. We've gotten used to each other, my baby and me. And, my, how he makes this place so much better to be in.


No comments:

Post a Comment