Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Good News Wednesday

Mom's update from Dr. Akerley and the wonderful Terry at the Huntsman:

Yesterday, in preparation for her 4th out of 6 chemo treatment today, mom had a CT to check the progress of said treatments.

THE RESULTS ARE IN..... AND THEY ARE GOOD!!!!! (How many exclamation points can you use to convey this level of excitement?)

Dr. Akerley said "the results are BETTER than we hoped for". All cancerous tumors in her lungs have decreased in size. All fluid on her heart has decreased. All fluid in her left lung has decreased. Decreased, decreased, decreased!!! Hooray for mom!!!

Party clothes - again. Pinata - very appropriate. Expressions of gratitude and thanks - every minute of every day.

Thanks to you all for your prayers and messages of love. They are working, and we are so grateful for you all.

3 comments:

  1. Robyn, I am Kathy Festin and I worked with your Mom at Intermountain Healthcare....not for long enough, though. I'd love to have had association with her for a much longer time!! I am currently serving in the Italy Milan Mission.

    I learned of your Mom's cancer just before I left and have been keeping track of her through Colleen Roberts and MaryJo Heilmeier at Intermountain. I was SO GLAD that MaryJo forwarded this blog address and your good news to me this morning.

    Please tell your Mom that I love her and she is in my prayers. And remind her how much I always enjoyed the Mounds miniatures I could dig for in the candy dish she kept at her desk.

    I'm loving being a missionary and feel very blessed to be in this wonderful place serving our Heavenly Father.

    Give your Mom a hug from me.

    Sorella Kathy Festin
    Italy Milan Mission Office

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great to hear. I have been thinking about you A LOT lately.

    ReplyDelete