Wednesday, January 6, 2010

One Year Ago Today - The First Appointment

So, Bo found a doctor close to my mom's work and able to see her after work hours. Bo was actually calling about another doctor, but he was not taking new patients. Frustrated, Bo asked "is there anybody in your office who is?" and they put my mom down with Dr. Dubowski.

Or Dr. Druebowski

Or Dr. Dubraski.

However my dad says her name at any point in time. It has never been the same pronunciation twice.

Dr. Dubowski was kind and patient. She listened to my mom's lungs very carefully and could hear nothing. So, she wrote my mom a prescription for antibiotics, suspecting some kind of sinus infection. And, even though she couldn't hear anything to warrant one, she also wrote a prescription for a chest x-ray, given my sister's insistence. My mom went to Alta View Hospital to have the chest x-ray performed, but nobody was interested in giving her any attention. After waiting there far longer than necessary, she decided to leave. Dr. Dubowski wasn't concerned about her lungs, why should my mom sit forever just to have nobody help her, right? She decided to let the antibiotics do their thing, and left Alta View without her chest x-ray.

Thanks a lot, Alta View Radiology Department. Thanks a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment