Monday, December 20, 2010

Boo


Leah Viola (Boo pronunciation Vo-lie-ya) is now one whole hand old. My how fast it goes.

My Boo is a just like a twinkling little Christmas light, she is. She came into this world wrapped in sparkly tinsel with a star right on top of her pink little head. My soul delighteth in that child.

That had to be my very favorite Christmas. I did my derndest to get everything up and ready for Christmas before she came. And then, when we brought her home in the worst snow storm in the history of bringing brand new babies home in snow storms, we were able to walk into a darkened home lit only by the glow of the Christmas tree. That girl knows how to make an entrance. Serene. I would lay with her on the couch during the night feedings with that Christmas tree as our only light and marvel at the blessing. It is so wonderful to be able to celebrate the birth of our Savior while cradling a tiny baby yourself.


But now that tiny baby has grown into my sweet ray of sunshine; although she still has her tiny munchkin voice that I hope stays forever. She packs so much love and happiness in that not-so-little-anymore body that it can hardly be contained. She's the perfect younger sibling, and accepts hand me downs from her big sister with honor and pride. Anything that was owned by Abigail is the best thing Leah could ever ask for. She's also a wonderful big sister, and can smother those two little boys until they scream. Literally.


You wanna know 5 fascinating facts about my Boo? It was a rhetorical question, so here you go!

1. Her favorite song of the season is "George to the World". It's a Christmas classic. You know it, "George to the world, the Lord is come."


2. Leah is still deathly afraid of EVERYTHING. No, seriously. Everything.


3. She was at her friend's house the other day, and another friend didn't want to share something. She came home and told me that kid was being like Nathan.


"Nathan?" I asked. "Who is Nathan?"


"You know, Nathan. The bad guy" she said with her nose squished up. "Not like Jesus. I was sharing so I was being like Jesus. That other kid was being like Nathan."


4. She's a pro at preschool now. Favorite days are when she gets to bring the snack bucket and show and tell Fridays. Being 5 is like being a rock star, right?


5. She is deathly afraid of EVERYTHING. It's worth mentioning twice because you probably thought I was exaggerating. I'm really not. I really mean EVERYTHING.


Seeing my Boo turning 5 feels like seeing a shooting star. She's just so happy, that kid. And when she's around, it's so wonderfully contagious.


No comments:

Post a Comment