Monday, April 4, 2011

Holden poked and stuff

We all know about my lack of excitement regarding well child checks, right? Well, the pattern has continued right through Mr. Fluffy. I brought him in for his 12 month check up right before he was to turn 14 months. When I told the doctor that I was late in his shots he said "oh, it's not that bad". And then he realized that I wasn't talking about his 12 months shots. I was talking about his 6 months shots. And then I got the look. The disappointed pediatrician look of scorn.

When he was explaining to me the possible side effects and what to look for after the immunizations he would say "MMR; no side effect. Oh, wait." He then would look right at me and say "Since this is like a booster, he might have a fever." And then he continued with "Chicken pox; no side effect. Oh, wait. That would be for a current dose. Since this one is so late, maybe a rash." and on and on like that. He's a funny guy, our pediatrician. When he was done, he said "I won't even talk to you about a flu shot" and I said "Wise use of every one's time, good sir".

The stats: weight 22 lbs 8.5 oz. Just 2 lbs shy of his "big" brother. This was reported to me as 50th percentile. And then I scoffed at the medical inaccuracy. This chubba flubba lubba is nowhere near average. He eats average for breakfast. Height 29 1/2". Again, just above average. Although he towers over his competition in cuteness, squishiness, and all the fluff.

Hooray for Holden! Couldn't you just chew on those cheeks, belly and knee chub! I mean seriously! Knee chub! That's worth all the doctor disappointment I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment