Sunday, February 20, 2011

A trip! To somewhere cold!

Because I am so crazy and spontaneous, I kidnapped my 10 month old boyfriend and hopped on a plane to the crazy and spontaneous town of Baltimore. In February. Woot Woot!

Actually, grandpa got a promotion at work, and he was sentenced to one solid month of training in the winter wonderland that is Baltimore. And since he and grandma are practically joined at the hip, she was going with him to hang out in the hotel for a month and be there when he got back from training. Which is good, since my dad turns into Harry from "When Harry Met Sally" when she's gone. You remember the part "I'm just going to lay here and moan". Go, ahead and find it. We'll wait.

Anyway, Holden and I wanted to go and hang out with grandma and see what Baltimore looked like in the winter, so we used our flight benefits and the flying is free for under 2 benefit and headed on over. What did Holden think of the plane? A hooray and thumbs up from him!


This picture is for Leah. Every time she and I would talk on the phone once I got to Baltimore, she would say "Mom? I have a question. Soooo, what's it like on the plane?" And I would tell her that it was pretty squishy, and feels like when you are in an elevator, only bumpier, and that we had TVs on the seats in front of us. And then, the next day when I would talk to her, she would read me the grocery store ads for awhile, and then say "Mom? I have a question. Soooo, what's it like on the airplane?" And I would tell her the same thing every day. The only thing that varied in our conversation was which grocery store ad she would read to me.

And here we are in Baltimore! Doesn't it look super exciting? I know! Call your travel agents now and make your reservations!

Flying Ace Fluffy did awesome on the flight. He ate, he smiled, he slept. Just like we had rehearsed.

When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by a bundled grandma and papa. By then they knew all the ins and outs of the Charm City. All the good Subway sandwich shops, where the Kinkos is, and most importantly to never, NEVER turn left out of the hotel.

Fluffy was just glad to see his grandma and papa again. It had been awhile.






During the days mom, my boyfriend and I walked and shopped, and shopped and walked around. It was so nice. At night, we'd get the baby to sleep, have him wake up 10 minutes later, poop 2 times to ensure that he could stay up, and then we would retreat up to the hospitality suite until either grandpa fell asleep downstairs, or security was called on us because of our all nighters with a tired baby; whichever came first. See? I told you Baltimore was awesome.

What was Fluffy's favorite part? Getting to touch grandpa's moustache. Baltimore will always hold a special place in his heart because of that momentous moment.



Thanks for letting us come and party like hotel freeloading rockstars with you, mom and dad. We had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment