Saturday, May 21, 2011

Our Pen Pal, The Tooth Fairy

Abigail has had a correspondence going with many of the people who visit our house. She's left and received letters from the Easter Bunny (to whom she apologized to for the mess she left in the house, and received a footprint from), Santa and his elves (who have congratulated her and also given her stern warnings on her behavior), and the Tooth Fairy (who has also congratulated her and given her stern warnings on her oral hygiene). She's a little writer, that one.

She showed me this letter with the latest of her lost teeth. It made me a little bit sad.


It can't be her last tooth, can it? Have we really gotten past the stage of loose teeth and letters to the tooth fairy? See? Sad. But, even though I really, really want my baby toothed Abigail back, I sure love the permanent toothed Abigail she has become. I told my lovely girl that I was sure the Tooth Fairy would love to keep writing her. Even if it's not for money. She just has to make sure to give the letters to mom first to put on the right amount of postage (wink).

No comments:

Post a Comment