Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Riddle me this, Batman.

There is an oldest child around here, who shall remain nameless, who came walking upstairs ready to go to school. Ready to go to school wearing about 4 layers of shirts. A regular shirt, a long sleeved one next, a fleece hoodie, and ANOTHER fleece hoodie on top of that. I was trying to brush out her hair amidst all the hoods, and asked what in the sam hill was going on with the layers.

"It's cold at school, mom."

"Are you going to wear your coat on top of all that?"

"I'm wearing this INSTEAD of my coat. My coat is puffy".

Golly, Batman! What adjective would you use to describe 4 layers of clothes that make it so she can't put her arms down? Why, Robin (or Robyn in this case), I'd say puffy, of course! Mmm hmm. Puffy.

Next riddle. The middle boy won't wear shirts. He'll put up with them when in public, but as soon as we drive up to the house, his shirt comes off before he can even cross the threshold. "I don't wike showts" he says, and by George he means it. The riddle comes in when I notice how stinkin' cute he looks in a turtleneck when I put it on him in the morning. I again noticed it at lunch, and again when the kids came home from school. He kept the turtleneck on! So, any regular showt, long sleeved, short sleeved, comes right off. But the turtleneck he keeps on. Weirdo.

The youngest (who is not the smallest, but just the youngest. Another mystery!) has decided to say no to everything. He flies through his bowl of oatmeal and then when you say "Do you want some more?" he says "No!" But really he is saying "Please, mum. May I have some more". He'll bring you a pair of pants and you'll say "You want to put these on?" and he'll reply with "No!" and then sit himself down in prime pants putting on positioning. When he really does mean no, he'll give you the most annoying whiney grunt, ala Stewart from mad TV. It makes facing homicide charges not just a possibility, but a SUPER possibility. I'll post a link after a warning. You'll want to stop the video almost as soon as it starts, because, just as in real life, it is the most annoying sound you have ever laid ears on. Alright, go ahead and watch here. See that? If you get that response, it's a definite no, but if he's said "no" you know you're in the clear. Curious? "No!"

Little sister also has something strange about her. It may be the fact that she looks just like Mike Tyson, only instead of some swirly thing covering her face, it's a cute gray mouse. Whenever I indulge the kids on the vending machines at the grocery store, Leah always goes for the sticker/tattoos. And then she applies it directly to her face. Why? Why, I ask the cosmos?

As for Harrison? Well he's always been a riddle wrapped in a mystery, and deep fried. Kind of like a corn dog, which he likes, but he doesn't go for just the naked dogs. No way. Will I ever figure any of these kids out?

It's crazy around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment