Tuesday, January 3, 2012


Well, this time of year always has me waxing reminiscent. I start to think back over the year that has passed, and even more over the break my monkeys just had (A solid month off! Glorious!), and it turns me into the poster child of post holiday blues. I hate sending my babies back to school. Hate, hate, hate. Those geniuses at the acronym department really had it when they said that Seasonal Affective Disorder makes you sad. Give those guys a raise, why don't you.

But, all in all we had it really good, I think. I think a corner was turned back in February when, after my lovely trip to Baltimore to hang with the 'rents, I realized that I really, really love the Jebhusband. No, like, really. That boy really tries. And although he may fall right on his face quite often, he still gets up and tries some more. Especially when he is trying for me and the kids. Gotta love him.

After that, the Fluff turned one, and my life has always changed once the babies turn one. It's like some kind of proclamation in my head that says in one of those loud, booming inspiration voices from the movies "And now you may officially be post post partum. So let it be written". And then a crack of thunder is heard and the skies clear, and some harp music starts. Crazy, right? Or should I say no more crazy, right?

And after that it's just a blur of constant motion, until we get to today. The day I send my babies back to school and they are all one year older than this time last year. I really, really hope they remember the times that I was so incredibly proud of them, and forget the times that I was mad when I shouldn't have been. I really, really hope they know that the line of people who really, really care about them ends with mom, and forget when I have told them to wait just a few more minutes to get my attention. I really, really hope that today when they get back to "real life" that they know, somewhere deep within them, that they are my "real life" and that I would move heaven and earth for them. I just really, really hope they know that I will miss them so.

So, I guess that's my new year's resolution. Just to make sure they know. And to make this a really, really good year for us all.

I found these quotes over here.

“I hope you will have a wonderful year, that you’ll dream dangerously and outrageously, that you’ll make something that didn’t exist before you made it, that you will be loved and that you will be liked, and that you will have people to love and to like in return. And, most importantly (because I think there should be more kindness and more wisdom in the world right now), that you will, when you need to be, be wise, and that you will always be kind.”

“May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you’re wonderful, and don’t forget to make some art — write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.” -
Neil Gaiman

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally stealing that quote and posting it as my status on FB! I've warned you ... :)

    PS Loved this post! I still feel the same way and all my kids are over 30!

    ReplyDelete