Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Chompers and Oh The Humanity!!

Hudson has been super duper cranky lately (cranky with a capital CRANK; and a capital Y for that matter). Did I mention that includes being CUH-LING-EEE!! With extra exclamation points for emphasis!!! Seriously, I can't put the kid down to save my life, or his for that matter. Oh, the drama!! It was wearing me thin. See-through practically.

After an entire day of nothing but proof of his lung capacity, I dragged all 4 critters to the aquarium. What could be more distracting to a crabby 1 year old than a bunch of swimming, splashing, sea creatures? No such luck. If it were only that easy. He managed to scare all the fish with his cries of protest. So, to try to save my sanity, I dragged Mr. Fussy McGrumpy Pants and his 3 unsuspecting siblings to the gym. They love the play land when they can be there together (if you try to separate them, you, and the play land staff, will suffer the consequences), plus I needed the break and the sweat. When we were all properly worn out, we headed home.

Later that evening, Sir Cries A Lot was chewing on something he found on the living room floor (shocking, I know. The carpet that tries to cushions the feet of our mangy brood is usually SO spotless). When I went in to fish it out I discovered, one, two, three, FOUR molars sprouting in his drooly little mouth. No wonder he was so inconsolable!! Now, I have to admit. I am a self proclaimed drugger. If I had realized that this was the problem, I would have loaded him up with Tylenol like the junkie I have turned all the kids into. I am mother of the year, I know.

But, wait. It only gets worse from there.

You know what they have in those play lands, right? Yes, they have toys. Yes, they have movies. Yes, they have coloring. Yes, they have germs, germs, and more germs! And being in such a stressed out funk, I didn't even think of that. So, now, in addition to teething pains, we have been blessed with a cold. And, if I have taught these kidlets nothing else, I have taught them to share. So, this cold will hippity hop along its merry little way from one chickie to the next, just like Peter Cottontail himself.

This wouldn't be so bad if it didn't mean that we can't go and see Grandma. Her immune system is AWOL during chemo, and a cold could mean another trip back to the old gray bar hotel (also known as the hospital). So, we are missing out on Grandma love, which is the best kind of love. So frustrating. This had better be gone by Easter or somebody will pay!!! I don't know who, but it will definitely be SOMEBODY!!!

In the meantime I am bundling them up, covering them with kisses, and forcing airborne, Tylenol (of course), the purple medicine they all hate, and any other cold "remedy" down their cute little sore throats. All of which make Hudson burst into tears. But, what doesn't? We will survive.


No comments:

Post a Comment