Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Oh, Happy Day!!

This dreary, rainy, cold April afternoon has turned out to be the sunniest, warmest, happiest day in a very, very long time.

News from the Radiation Department at Huntsman:

Mom's creative, thoughtful, and incredibly smart brain no longer has the brain cancer!!! All 10 of her radiation treatments were successful in eliminating the tumors.

She had two major ones. The first, and the biggest, was deep inside, behind her right eye. That one is a goner. The second which was right on the surface, has also taken its leave. She also had some "speckling" throughout the rest of her gray matter, and that also is nowhere to be found.

Hot Dog!!! Let's all put on our party clothes, blow up some balloons, and break out the leftover Easter candy to celebrate!! There has never been better news, ever.

Aren't we all so proud of her! She is sailing through this like a trooper. Hair or no hair, this woman has a will of steel. One of her millions (and millions) of wonderful qualities that I have admired and wish I could have just a sliver of. And now she can apply all her strength and resolve to her lungs, and kick that, too.

Great job, mom!! Go and have yourself a piece of cheesecake. Put a crown on your beautiful bald head, and wear a sash that says "I AM THE BEST!!", because you certainly are.


We'll discuss more later, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Robyn, Thanks so much for this blog! I've now read every single entry (I feel like I'm spying on your little family) You write so well and express your feelings in such a way that I feel what you're feeling. If it's possible, I love you more now than I did 1/2 an hour ago!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete