Monday, November 30, 2009

Super Sister


Harrison came from school today scratched, bleeding, and understandably upset. "Look" he said as he unveiled his elbow. "I'm bleeding". After kissing, consoling, and band-aiding, I asked what had happened. Turns out his friend was bugging him the whole walk home from school. This guy was grabbing Harrison's backpack and pushing him and pulling him with it until Harrison finally bit the dust, sacrificing his elbow to protect his handsome little face.

Then Abigail came walking in the door. "Harrison's friend pulled him down on the way home from school". "I know", I said "but he's better now". Abigail then took off her jacket to reveal her cape. "I grabbed that kid by his backpack and got right in his face and yelled at him that he better never touch my brother ever again. I told him to knock it off right then."

Excellent. Our training has paid off. She stood up for and protected her brother. Nice. We watch out for each other around here, I tell you what. You mess with one Brammer, you get us all. And that should strike fear into the heart of any contender, considering how many of us there are.


Super Abigail to the rescue. Our hero. I love her more than any super power would permit.











3 comments:

  1. It runs in the family - when I was a wee tot (like 4 or 5) I was being bullied by a bigger boy in the 'hood'. My brother, Thomas, who was about 3 years old, hopped on his tricycle and at top speed, screaming the whole way "leave my sister alone" he creamed his tricycle into the bigger boy and bit him in the belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good girl! I LOVE the car seat picture, how sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to get together next week, and I promise to start blogging and blog stalking again so that I don't miss out on important little details like the fact that you're pregnant! Congratulations! And I'm so glad your mom is doing well. I love all of your blog entries; they are so fun to read. And your kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete