Sunday, December 13, 2009

Off Track


We made it through another 9 weeks of school. Hallelujah. Now starts our Christmas off track. It really is the most wonderful time of the year. I get to love, mug, and chew on my monkeys every day at any time clear through the New Year. They have no choice in the matter. We are going to be sleeping in as late as possible, and then stay in our pajamas all day long. My mattress will finally feel comfortable with the perfect number of 4 lumps in it instead of the 2 that have been there by themselves for weeks. If you are looking for any of us, that's right where we'll be. All of us glued together wherever we go. All 4 of them beside each other, and right with me. I love it.

This off track brings even more happiness to me because I have the Santa Factor. If I want these crazies to do what I ask, all I have to do is remind them of that Jolly Old Elf watching, and boy do they move. It's done miracles in the past, and I hope it still works this year. I'm afraid that they have realized the strength in their numbers, though, and the threat of the naughty list is losing its hold on them. They know that if they don't do what it takes to be in Santa's good graces, at least our neighbors Grace and Brynn have had their names etched on the good list for life. My guys think that if they just wait until Santa shows up to the Christensen's house, they can totally take that bowl full of jelly, no problem. If this is the case, I won't be celebrating this off track with my 4 Christmas angels; it will be more like the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse that I'm dealing with. Let's hope for a happy vacation from school for all of us. If not, I'll just be munching on their 4 pairs of chewy cheeks from the depths of the time out room.


1 comment:

  1. I have always admired how much you love to have your children home with you. I need to work on that.

    ReplyDelete