Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Utah Vs. BYU

Doesn't Jeb look a little scared at the prospect of taking Abigail to the rivalry game? Or maybe he's just scared of Utah.




Jeb and Abigail decided to brave the BYU vs. Utah game together this year. In the past we have thought that rivalry games are no place for small children. But, with it being at BYU this year, and having her dad at her side, we figured that Provo was probably a safer place for Abigail and Jeb than my parent's house.


Unfortunately for me, Abigail is a die hard cougar. I manage to keep them in my Utah fold until they are old enough for Jeb to start taking them to games. Apparently, I lack the excitement, Cougar dogs, and churros that the stadium offers, since once they begin attending the games there, their loyalty goes with them. I'll have to work on that.


Harrison is still with me, though. Really he is with any team that will get him a toy. He's easy that way. I'll take what I can get. Leah is deathly afraid of Cosmo, so she's still in my camp as well. Hudson has no choice in the matter whatsoever. He doesn't get to chose what he wears, and can't voice a complaint, so red it is for him.


The small Ute fans and I went to watch the game at my parent's house. It was fun. We had painted red hair, red snacks, and the game on full blast. Even our socks were red. Too bad the team didn't have our enthusiasm. Now Abigail and Jeb have bragging rights for an entire year. They are good sports, though. Abigail just called up grandma and papa and said "Go Cougars!". To which my dad replied "No way! Utah rules and Cougars drool!" Excellent comeback, dad. Abigail thought it was funny. If only the quarterback of the winning team had as much grace in winning as Abigail does. She's a good sport. Even if she does live with a classless mother. Watch out for next year!! We'll be on a rampage!!



















The victor. Go Cougs, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment