Thursday, December 17, 2009

Leah Boo


Leah and I have shared some magic this year. It was the year she and I were 3 together. She was 3 and I was 3, too. Or 3-2. Or 32. Whatever. She was 3 and I was 3, too. This birthday magic started when Abigail was 5 and Papa was 5, too. Perfectly planned, if you ask me. But Leah decided to move on. She left me in the 3, too dust. Now she is 4 and I am just back to plain old 32. Not as much fun at all.

She's been very excited for her birthday. 4 is a party year for us. 4 also means that she is finally old enough for school, when school starts next fall for her. Bummer. I try to get them all to stop having birthdays at 3, but so far none of the kids have been takers on that. We had her party at our local aquarium with a few of her favorite friends. I think we all had a pretty good time.

Leah is my sweetheart. If you didn't know, she is the reason the sun comes up every day. I love her blond hair, big brown eyes, and chubby little cheeks. She sure does give me a run for my money, boy howdy. She is the reason why child proof doorknobs were invented. But, even though she is usually the reason behind my most frustrating days, she is also always the one to pull me out of them.


My Leah favorites from this year:
- She still wants to wear skirts every day. No matter how cold it is outside, she is in a skirt with ballet flats. Almost exclusively pink skirts and pink shirts. Her closet looks like it has been hosed down with pepto bismal (extra credit if you can place that movie quote).

- Whenever she goes to her friend's house, which is usually right across the street, or across the street and 2 houses down, she rides her bike. With every 7 or 8 pedals I hear "Love you, Mom!", another 7 or 8 pedals and again I hear her little Lullaby League munchkin voice yelling "Love you, Mom!", over and over again until she gets to her friend's house.

- She says to me "I can count by 10s. Want to see?" "Sure" I say. "10" she says. And then with a shrug of her shoulders says "See? It's easy."

- Leah mysteriously stopped sucking her finger sometime in this past year. I noticed it when, after a day of manicures, her polish was lasting. I asked her "Do you suck your finger anymore?" She said "Yeah, sometimes". I said "Really? Because I don't see you do it anymore. Do you only do that when you go to sleep?" She replied "No. I only do that on Thursdays and Fridays now".

- Leah asked Abigail to help her write her letter to Santa. Abigail wrote down everything Leah instructed. I then got the report:

Abigail: She asked Santa for ponies.
Leah: 'Cause I like 'em!
A: She would like Littlest Pet Shops.
L: 'Cause I like 'em!
A: She asked for Barbies.
L: 'Cause I like 'em!


I love my Boo. She is a wonderful warm ray of sunshine. I wish we could stay 3 and 3, too together for oh so much longer.



No comments:

Post a Comment