Saturday, June 12, 2010

He Likes Me!! He Really Likes Me!!

It will be the day I never forget.


I had put Hudson in the tub with Leah one morning. Then, out of the clear blue, I hear "Ma! Ma! Ma!" It sounded as if I was in the middle of Brooklyn at some pizzeria, and could hear Johnny back in the kitchen yelling to his sweet, ever patient mother for more pepperoni. But I knew I was not in Brooklyn, and we definitely did not have any pepperoni on hand.

It was Hudson calling for me. And finally I existed in his little 2 year old world. Hallelujah. He knows who I am. Since that blessed bath I have been hearing it about 4 million times a day. He can't just say it once. It's always "Ma! Ma! Ma!". To which I reply happily "Yes, Buster?" And then he tells me something of the utmost importance in his foreign language. But the Ma part, I can understand that perfectly. And no matter how many times he yells it in a day, it always sounds like sweetness to my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment