Saturday, June 25, 2011

Eleven


Dear Abigail,

Another birthday has come for you. They come and go so quickly now, it's making my head spin. Who'd have thought that my little preemie would turn into such a lovely young lady. You were so excited to get here that you came before I was ready, and now it seems you are growing up before I have the chance to brace myself as well.




Your eyes are still blue as the sky with just as much possibility. You have gotten smarter with the passing year, and use that in ways that sometimes make me crazy, but also insanely proud. You're a spunky, sassy little thing, and although sometimes I wish you weren't, I know that I wouldn't change a thing about your growing in independence self.


You know how I'm always telling you that the songs on the radio are about you? You always think I'm crazy, but it's true. You are everything sweet that has ever been written. You are everything that is good. You are literally my dream come true, my prayer answered, and, just as the song says, my love's too big for you, my love. I love, love, love you more than anything. Happy birthday, my sweet.


Love,

Mom



1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to the sweetest, kindest, most beautiful young lady I know.

    ReplyDelete