Monday, June 13, 2011

Memorial Day, Moab, and Me Minus Two Munchkins


Over Memorial Day the Jeb dad took our #1 and #2 with my awesome aunt and her hilarious husband (sorry Dave. I couldn't think of an alliteration that went with uncle. Upbeat? Unboring?) down to Moab to run the river. That's right! He took our van down by the river! I've been waiting to say that ever since we made the jump to a van. Congratulations to me.

They had the best of times. Of course, any time with Karen and Dave is the best of times. First stop was Arches National Park where the children could climb and run and be the crazy little mountain goats I know them to be. Then, a night in the hotel which included swimming in the pool. But not just any swimming. Swimming in your clothes since you didn't bring a swimming suit swimming! I know, right?!?

















The next day was the official landing on the river. And the official start of the best trip of their lives. A beach in Utah? Who knew?!






Hey! Look who they found on the beach! We know those guys!

Thanks Karen and Dave. The kids had a fantastic time. The rest of the summer doesn't stand a chance against a trip with you guys on the river. And thanks for sending the Jeb home with the same amount of kids he left me with. You know I was worried about that. Great Aunt and Uncle for sure.




2 comments:

  1. It was such a pleasure! Great time, great kids, great family. Thanks for sharing a couple of them with us!

    ReplyDelete