Monday, June 27, 2011

Leah's gradulations




None of the kids have ever been able to say graduation. It has always come out gradulations, which seems a bit appropriate, I think. But, I never thought the day of my Boo's gradulations would come.






She mastered preschool, it seems. And so they've gone and promoted her to Kindergarten, much to my dismay. We've loved that preschool. Right up the street, with a drive through drop off and pick up. A drive through! Plus, they did a craft every single day. That's what did it for Leah when we were school shopping. We walked through her soon to be preschool where she saw paints, sponges, and stamped zebra and giraffe cut outs hanging from the ceiling and that was the school for her. She started her preschool career a shy, timid little thing who gathered up all her courage and walked through the front door all by herself. She ended it as a grown up 5 year old who could read and write, and loved to do it. My Boo, the smartypants.






The gradulation ceremony was one for the books. With a slide show set to songs like "You're Gonna Miss This", and "You Make Me Smile", the emotions were high that evening. Have you heard that "You're Gonna Miss This" song? Seeing pictures of my Leah up on the giant screen with that song playing hurt my heart. Oh, the tears. I am going to miss my preschool Boo.






Kindergarten, you better watch out. This one is something special and ready or not (and I'm not), here she comes.



No comments:

Post a Comment